What is Offered:
- Virtual Child Therapy services to support your child, teen and family safely during COVID-19.
- Individual, Group and Family Play Therapy and Creative Arts Therapy.
- Client-centred, child-led, and strengths-based approach.
- Directive and non-directive practice guided by the needs of the child and family.
- Located in Guelph, ON, serving families across Ontario .
Play Therapy and Creative Arts Therapy
Play Therapy and Creative Arts Therapy allow children to grow, learn, heal and thrive. Children often do not have the ability to express their thoughts and feelings in words, and sometimes words alone are just not enough. Creative arts therapies and play therapy offer children the opportunity to express themselves, to learn appropriate coping skills, and resolve challenges they are facing.
Virtual Play Therapy replicates what is possible in a physical space, and benefits most clients.
A Little Bit About Me...
My qualifications include a Master of Arts in Creative Arts Therapies, and a post graduate Certificate in Child Play Therapy. I am a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, and a Canadian Certified Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association.
In addition to these formal qualifications, I am a creative, playful and dynamic individual, who is passionate about supporting children and families in sharing their stories, witnessing, validating and guiding them through the process of healing, growth and change.
For more information about Michelle Baer, MA, RP, CCC
For more information about Play Therapy
For more information about Creative Arts Therapy
Who Can Benefit From Play Therapy and Creative Arts Therapies?
Children, youth, and/or their families who have experienced: